There is nothing of greater importance than ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients and our team. Our response to the COVID-19 outbreak was comprehensive and meticulous. As Covid continues to affect our lives, we have upgraded our safety protocols to exceed what is recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA).
Some of the measures we have implemented are:
- state of the art HEPA air purification
- hand sanitizer readily available throughout the office
- plexiglass shield installed at the reception desk
- limiting the number of people allowed in the reception area at one time
- all magazines, chargers, and water dispenser removed to prevent cross contamination
- chairs in reception room set apart at appropriate distances
- N95/KN95 and surgical level masks for clinical team members
- lab coats that are cleaned and sterilized
- upgraded eye protection (goggles/face shields)
- Level 3 and higher masks for administrative team members
- ability to pay copayment online
- “touchless” check out system (Apple Pay, self card insert, electronic receipts, etc.)
Before You Come In:
We will send you an appointment reminder one day prior to your appointment. We will ask If you or a family member is not feeling well, or has had Covid within the last 10 days, and if so, we will request you postpone your appointment.
Day of Appointment:
The extra care taken to properly complete our disinfection tasks is time consuming. For that reason, it is more important than ever for us to stay on schedule, and for our patients to arrive on time. If you will be more than 10 minutes late, you will need to reschedule your appointment. We will be strictly adhering to this policy.
MASKS are still required to be worn in healthcare facilities as per the NY State Department of Health. Please wear a mask to enter our office.
Our team will be wearing more protective gear than you are accustomed to seeing. Scrubs, surgical, goggles, and gloves will be worn to offer the highest protection possible. While unfortunately more impersonal and masking our smiles while speaking with you, please know that this is all to keep everyone safe. Our smiles are still there under the masks, you’ll see it in our eyes!
The exam room will be thoroughly cleaned and sterilized before you enter. We will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer and swish with a disinfectant rinse for 30 seconds before your appointment begins.
At check-out, if there is a copay estimate due, you can either use our touchless credit card payment method or we can text you a secure link to pay via credit card. You can also write a check with sanitized pens that are available.
If you test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days following your appointment, please call the office to alert us.
While seemingly exhaustive, we want to keep you informed of everything we are doing to make your experience as safe as possible. PLEASE don’t hesitate to ask us any questions at all! We want you to feel as comfortable as possible.
We truly appreciate your cooperation and understanding with these many changes. We have always set the highest standards in the treatment that we provide to you and will always continue to do so for all members of our Scarsdale Smiles Family!